יום שני, 17 באוגוסט 2015

Prayer of the Father/ Nir Golan


(An answer to "Prayer of the Student" [1]).

I want you to be taller and braver than me.
I want you to explore the unknown
And be the source of your own discoveries.
Let what I know be your liberation, not your enslavement.

The world of my truth can be your limitation;
My wisdom is not always relevant to you.
Don’t always listen to me; let’s learn together.
Let your richness begin where mine ends.

Please, stand on my shoulders.
But don't leave your hand out of mine,
Reveal yourself so that you can be
Something different.

I believe that every human being
Can love and create.
I ask you to live according to this belief.

You will know who you are only
By listening to yourself.
Don’t let me instruct you; be yourself.
My failure is that you be identical to me.

Reference

[1] “Plegaria del Estudiante” (“Prayer of the Student”) by Humberto Maturana, translated by Marcial F. Losada. From El Sentido de lo Humano, Dolmen Deiciones, Santiago de Chile, 1994.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה